For years, Indians fans have used the excuse of “it’s early” to justify the poor baseball played by the team. I am sick and tired of this copout by fans that feel the only way to be loyal to the Tribe is pretend like all is well even when it’s not….especially early in the season.
1. I forgot these games counted?
2. I forgot that we’re already 5.5 games back in the toughest division in baseball.
3. I forgot that there are obvious trends set by this team that unforeseeably do not look like they will be corrected any time soon.
4. I forgot the the 2014 bullpen, which was way overused, is showing that wear and tear already…and it’s still April.
5. I forgot that anyone, by any means, despite the negativity is saying that the 2015 season over. It’s simply taking a good look at what’s transpired on the field. And to be quite frank, it’s been awful thus far.
The worst part about Indians apologists as that they love to use hypotheticals to explain their lack of disappointment at this poor start by a Tribe team that was destined for stardom by the national media. And they love to criticize those that don’t see their vision by calling them “negative.”
Being “negative” is when a person is watching the team play good baseball, and still finds some flaws to point out. Unfortunately, at this current moment there’s not much good…
I am here to tell you that there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being pissed off and concerned about this team…even though it’s April. A fellow CST writer of mine noted that, “You can’t win a pennant in April, but you sure can lose one.” That’s why your fellow fans are ticked off. Because while you’re all in la-la land with hypotheticals about what could happen if this team does…this, that and that. We, on the other hand, are looking at the cold hard facts of what’s already occured.
.224 team average
Can’t hit left handers
Bullpen has been terrible
We ALL are hoping that the Indians can quickly turn it around. Nobody wants to see this team lose. But, to deny the undeniable is categorically foolish.