Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I’m sure you all have your turkey and mashed potatoes with gravy. Cheesy potatoes and green bean casserole; check and check. Corn, Hawaiian sweet rolls, and even cranberries might be on your table today and there’s no doubt about it that there will be either pumpkin, pecan, or sweet potato pie to finish up. There just seems to be one important thing missing from your Thanksgiving dinnerplate. . .
Fear not. I’m here to bring you a SPECIAL Thanksgiving Day Edition of Knowledge Nuggets for Thursday’s slate of games! You still have time to jump on over to Fantasy Draft and set up a lineup for Turkey Day games. Fantasy Draft has over 350, that’s right 350, contests for the games on Thursday. Join a league today at Fantasy Draft. (http://bit.ly/CST4FD). Fantasy Draft is the new way to experience daily fantasy with lower entry fees, higher payouts, and a minimum of 25% of players winning in their guaranteed contests. Every day is a game day over at Fantasy Draft!
- Matthew Stafford has had either 400+ passing yards or at least two touchdown passes in his past six games. His yards per pass has also ballooned over the past four weeks, rising from 6.3 to 9.9. With the run game struggling (see next Nugget), Stafford should be airing it out in this one.
- The Minnesota Vikings have only allowed over 40 rushing yards to a running back once in the past four weeks. Ameer Abdullah is averaging only 59.5 TOTAL yards/game through 10 games this season. Detroit ranks at the bottom of the league in the run game, averaging only 80 yards per game.
- In the three meetings with Xavier Rhodes & the Minnesota Vikings since becoming a Detroit Lion, Marvin Jones has never had more than 54 receiving yards and has been shut out of the end zone. It is expected that Rhodes will shadow Jones once again this Thanksgiving.
- Since the Chargers Week 9 bye week, Hunter Henry has gotten an average of 45 offensive snaps a game, up from 35 pre-bye week. Two notable wide receivers, Mike Williams and Travis Benjamin, have been limited in practice all week long. He is looking good for an uptick in targets if either or both players miss the game Thursday.
- Alfred Morris has gained 144 yards on 28 carries in the past two weeks for an average of 5.14 yards per carry. The Chargers are giving up a league high 138.9 rushing yards per game. Finally, LT Tyron Smith is expected to play Thursday for the Cowboys after missing the past two games due to groin and back injuries.
- In the six games Sean Lee has played this season, Dallas has allowed just 18 points per game to opposing teams. Without Lee, they are giving up 33.5 points per game in a four-game sample size (included is the ATL game where Lee played 8 snaps).
- Knowledge Nugget of the Day! The New York Giants have given up at least a touchdown or 100+ yards to the tight end positions in EVERY week this season. With Jordan Reed out again this week, Vernon Davis will start against New York and has at least 58 yards receiving in games without Reed.
- The NFL’s leading tackler Zach Brown (no not the singer) has an Achilles injury that has lingered over the past week. Brown has been limited in Redskins’ practices all week and is questionable to play. Even if Brown does suit up, his one week of playing injured resulted in a season low five combined tackles last week against the Saints.
- Jamison Crowder has lead the Redskins in targets per game while averaging almost 11 over his past three games played. With receiving WR Terrelle Pryor and RB Chris Thompson out of the year, 8 more targets per game are up for grabs in this offense.
- The Washington Redskins are only 2-7 when playing on Thanksgiving while the New York Giants are 7-4-3. Don’t ask me how they’ve managed to tie in almost a fourth of their games played on Turkey Day.