Another Sunday of NFL goodness is upon us! Have you set your lineup over at Fantasy Draft? No worries if you haven’t, just click this link and get started (http://bit.ly/CST4FD). Fantasy Draft is the new way to experience daily fantasy with lower entry fees, higher payouts and a minimum of 25% of players winning in their guaranteed contests. Every day is a game day over at Fantasy Draft! Hardhats on cause we are going mining for more Knowledge Nuggets in this Week 8 edition.
- When Any Dalton faces a top 10 passing defense this season, he has a 56.2 quarterback rating with three touchdowns and eight interceptions. When facing any other defense, he improves dramatically to a 115.5 quarterback rating with six touchdowns and zero interceptions. Sunday, he is home against a Colts defense which gives up the 6th most points to quarterbacks. Dalton is a total steal with only Tyrod Taylor, Jacoby Brissett and CJ Beathard as cheaper starting options.
Fantasy Draft Price: $10,700
- Matt Ryan crashed and burned against the Patriots on Sunday Night Football last week. Is it possible that happens to Phillip Rivers also? Maybe, but it’s too juicy of a matchup to stay away from. Rivers has a healthy team for the first time in years and has thrown for at least 300 yards or two touchdowns in all but two games this season. Despite last week, New England still ranks worst in the league against the pass and has given up 300+ passing yards to all quarterbacks not named Matt Ryan.
Fantasy Draft Price: $11,800
- The Browns have been sneaky good against the run this year. In Week 2, Javorius Allen rushed for 66 yards and that has remained the highest rushing total allowed by the Browns to one player despite facing backs like Le’Veon Bell and DeMarco Murray. The Browns face Latavius Murray & Jerick McKinnon this Sunday in London.
- There is such a thing as league worst in a category, then there is league WORST. The 49ers are the league WORST against backs receiving passes giving up 526 yards and four touchdowns in only seven games. In Wendell Smallwood’s last three games played (Weeks 3, 4, & 7), he has out-snapped LeGarrette Blount 102-73. Smallwood also fills the Eagles’ role as the pass-catching back.
Fantasy Draft Price: $9,800
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be down two corners on Sunday with both Brent Grimes and Robert McClain both ruled out. That likely means second-year man and 5’11” Ryan Smith will line up opposite of 5’11” Vernon Hargreaves. While Hargreaves is no scrub, I expect Cam Newton to target his 6’5” twin towers in Kelvin Benjamin & Devin Funchess early and often.
Benjamin Fantasy Draft Price: $11,300
Funchess Fantasy Draft Price: $11,100
- Deep Knowledge Nugget alert! Raiders will be without starting CB David Amerson and S Karl Joseph. Raiders first-round pick in 2017, CB Gareon Conley, is also expected to miss Sunday’s tilt. With all the changeover, it may just be time for a Zay Jones breakout game. The rookie has had 15 targets the past two Bills’ games and is bottom of the barrel cheap.
Fantasy Draft Price: $6,500
- Nobody has given up more passing yards to the tight end position than the Washington Redskins. Their star cornerback, Josh Norman, is also expected to be back in the fold after sustaining a rib injury a few weeks ago. I expect Dak Prescott to look to his chain mover in Jason Witten as the 35-year-old has been hot recently snagging 12 balls for 115 yards and a score in his past two games.
Fantasy Draft Price: $7,800
- Speaking hot streaks, the Chargers have yet to allow a touchdown to the tight end position in seven games this season. On top of that, they are allowing a mere 45 yards/game. Rob Gronkowski and the Patriots host LA on Sunday, but it might be wise to fade Gronk at his top dollar TE price.
- Games in London have been wacky this year. Nobody is really sure what to expect but one side of the teams (Ravens, Miami, Cardinals) has combined for a total of 7sevenpoints in the three games this year. If I pick to pick a team to score even or less points between the Vikings and Browns, I’m going with the Browns. Only twice have the Vikings given up more than 20 points in a game.
- Mitchell Trubisky is 2-0 in his last two starts despite only completing 12 passes total. He has also take eight sacks in that same timeframe. The Saints defense is one of the hottest right now and game script will likely have Trubisky throwing to keep up with a powerful Saints offense. Saints defense are a great choice for a Week 8 D/ST.
Fantasy Draft Price: $6,300
Follow the author: @RobbyJeffries