The Browns 2019 schedule has finally been revealed and we are another step closer to the season! The Browns managed to get four primetime games to show off to the rest of the nation that they’re not the same old Browns! With all that said let’s break down the Browns 2019 schedule!
- Week 1 Tennessee Titans 1:00 ET: The Browns are going to open up their 2019 season with the Titans and it should be a good one. The Browns will get to show off their new look offense for the first time in Cleveland and it’s going to be rocking. Overall this should be a rather winnable game for the Browns, the Titans are a solid but beatable team.
- Week 2 @ New York Jets MNF 8:15 ET: The Browns are back on prime time baby! For the first time since 2015, the Browns are on Monday Night Football facing off against the Jets who they defeated last year on Thursday Night Football breaking their 19-game win streak and immortalizing Baker Mayfield in Cleveland. This again should be a relatively winning game for the Browns as Baker looks to beat Darnold again.
- Week 3 Rams SNF 8:20 ET: Back to back prime time games for America’s team! The Browns get onto Sunday Night Football for the first time since 2009! The welcome the defending NFC Champion Rams in what’ll be the Browns first true test of the season. This should be a very good and close game and that frankly could go either way. If the Browns manage to win this game and start 3-0 I think that’ll show the league they’re for real.
- Week 4 @ Ravens 1:00 ET: The Browns will get their first crack at a divisional opponent as they head to Baltimore to take on the Ravens. I think it’s safe to say that these are the two teams most likely to win the AFC North and this is sure to be a good game. It’ll be another tough matchup, especially coming off the Rams the week prior, but nevertheless another winnable game for this Browns team.
- Week 5 @ 49ers MNF 8:20 ET: The Browns get their third primetime and second Monday Night Football game as they head to San Fran to take on the 49ers. With the 49ers having Jimmy Garoppolo back this should be an interesting matchup as two young up and coming teams face off. The Browns definitely have more firepower on offense and should have the advantage in this one.
- Week 6 Seahawks 1:00 ET: The Browns will get back to back NFC West matchups as they take on the Seahawks after the 49ers. Another very interesting matchup as the Browns take on an always tough Seattle team who knows how to win tough games. This will be a tough one for the Browns in a game I could see going either way.
- Week 7 Bye Week
- Week 8 @ Patriots 4:25 ET: One of the most anticipated matchups of the season comes to us midway through the season as the Browns head to New England to face the defending champs. This will be a 4:25 start on CBS and we’ll get Jim Nantz and Tony Romo on the call giving the Browns another national game on the season. This will be one of the biggest tests for the Browns this season because as everyone knows Foxborough is a very tough place to win.
- Week 9 @ Broncos 4:25 ET: The Browns head back to Denver for the second consecutive year as will see a familiar foe as Joe Flacco is the new Broncos starting QB. Denver is a tough place to play, but luckily the Browns already have the experience. I expect a similar game to last year close with a victory for the Browns.
- Week 10 Bills 1:00 ET: The Browns continue with the AFC East as the welcome Buffalo in week 10. Baker will face off with yet another of the five quarterbacks drafted in the first round of the 2018 draft in Josh Allen. Frankly, this is a very winnable game, the Bills are just not that good and neither is Josh Allen. This could be a game the Browns win big.
- Week 11 Steelers TNF 8:20: The Browns are back in prime time and this time against a rival! The Steelers will head to town for a Thursday Night Football matchup. While the Steelers have had a rough offseason I still expect them to be a tough opponent, however, in front of a wild crown and under the lights I see the Browns taking this one.
- Week 12 Dolphins 1:00 ET: The Jarvis Landry revenge game! The Dolphins come to Cleveland in week 12 and I’m sure Landry is ready to go off against team. The Dolphins are a team with their focus on next year’s draft and are virtually tanking, this should almost be a gimme game for the Browns.
- Week 13 @ Steelers 4:25 ET: The Browns are back to take on the Steelers for the second time in three weeks. This will be a tougher matchup obviously being in Pittsburgh. As amazing as it would be to sweep the Steelers it’ll be tough to beat them twice in three weeks.
- Week 14 Bengals 1:00: The Browns continue divisional play as they take on the Bengals for the first time of the year in Week 14. Frankly, the Bengals are bad and the Browns should beat them handily, really simple as that.
- Week 15 @ Cardinals 4:05 ET: The Browns will finish off the NFC West by heading to Arizona in Week 15. This will be an incredibly interesting matchup as we could see former Oklahoma teammates Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray face off. One thing is for sure though Baker will be motivated to take down his former Texas Tech head coach, expect Baker to have a big game here in a victory.
- Week 16 Ravens 1:00 ET: The Browns will host the Ravens in Week 16 in what could be the most important game of the season. Both of these teams should be vying for playoff spots and this game will have major implications on that. Expect an incredibly hard fought game that the Browns should come out on top on. They have the talent and the talent will usually win out.
- Week 17 @ Bengals 1:00 ET: The Browns will wrap up their 2019 season in Cincinnati in what should be an easy victory to close out the year. As I mentioned earlier the Bengals are not good and shouldn’t be an issue for the Browns this year.
Overall I don’t think this is all that difficult of a schedule, of course, it has it’s very difficult games but it also has several very winnable games. We are in store for the most exciting Browns season since they came back in ’99 and it can’t come any sooner. For the time being enjoy these hype videos to hold you over.
Follow the author: @DanLukas12
Image courtesy of @DawgsByNature