Monsters Weekly: The Back End On The Road



3.26.14: The Monster took to the road to face the Chicago Wolves! Sergey Andronov of Chicago, got the first goal of the night. The goal was just 61 seconds into the game. The Monsters were not phased by the early goal. David van der Gulik scored 2 goal 21 seconds apart from each other to give the Monsters a 2-1 lead. Later on in the period Stefan Elliot scored off his own rebound which gave the Monsters a 3-1 lead to end the first period. In the second period Chicago came out ready to fight. Joel Edmundson and Doug Janik scored Chicago’s two goals to tie the game at 3-3. The Monsters stopped this comeback as Michael Schumacher scored the 4th goal of the game with just ten seconds to go in the period. At the start the third period Guillaume Desbiens got a goal to push the Monster lead to 5-3! However Chicago just wouldn’t give up. Chicago got late goals from Keith Aucoin and Mike Davies tied the game at 5-5. The two teams went scoreless in the overtime period to head to the shootout. Chicago converted on two-of-four shootout attempts while the Monsters were held scoreless four frames in the shootout. Ty Rattie and Adam Cracknell scored for the Wolves in the shootout, securing a 6-5 victory for Chicago.

3.28.14 The Monsters took on their 2nd team on the road as they played the Milwaukee Admirals! In his first game for the Monsters since January 11, Markus Lauridsen opened the scoring. The Admirals tied the game late in the first period with a Vinny Saponari goal. The Monsters would go on and get a Mark Olver goal with 57 seconds to go in the first period. At that point the Admirals would take over the game. The Admirals got goals from Austin Watson, Patrick Cehlin and Taylor Beck to seal a 4-2 victory over the Monsters.

3.29.14: The Monsters went back to Chicago to take on the Wolves. Mark Cundari of Chicago opened the scoring. Soon after the Monsters got a goal from Mark Olver. In the second period the Monsters got goals from David van der Gulik, ten seconds later a goal from Troy Bourke and then Michael Schumacher to have a 4-1 lead. Unfortunately the Monsters gave up another big lead as Evan Oberg, Mark Cundari and Shane Harper scored scored to tie the game. With no winner in overtime the teams headed into a shootout. Shane Harper and Pat Cannone scored in the shootout for the Wolves, while Joey Hishon netted the Monsters lone shootout goal giving the Wolves a win.

Playoff watch: The Monsters have 10 games remaining this season. They currently sit in 12 behind Utica, Rochester, Oklahoma city, Charlotte and Rockford. The Monsters are still ten points behind but anything can happen.

Upcoming: 4/1 @ San Antonio, 4/4 @ Texas, 4/5 @ San Antonio, 4/6 @ Texas

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By :