I’m not sure anyone was ready for this week with news pouring out all over the place in the NFL. Trades, suspensions, suspensions rescinded, and BROCK OSWEILER STARTING IN THE NFL AGAIN…say what?!?
So much to digest and so little time. No worries fam (I think that’s what the kids say). Here at Cleveland Sports Talk, we’ve got your Knowledge Nuggets for when you set your daily fantasy lineups over at Fantasy Draft (http://bit.ly/CST4FD). Fantasy Draft is the new way to experience daily fantasy with lower entry fees, higher payouts, and a minimum of 25% of players winning in their guaranteed contests. Every day is a game day over at Fantasy Draft! Per usual, strap up those hardhats ‘cause we are going mining for some Knowledge Nuggets for Week 9.
- Jay Cutler is playing with house money. His backup, Matt Moore, flopped when given the chance to take the starting job and Cutler is back from the rib injury that caused him to miss last week. Also expected back this week is starting WR DeVante Parker. With Jay Ajayi gone to Philadelphia, expect the Dolphins to lean on the pass game going against a banged-up Raiders secondary. Cutler is cheaper than the pack of Marlboro’s in his locker this week on Fantasy Draft.
Fantasy Draft Price: $10,200
- Before last week’s goose-egg, Dak Prescott had thrown not one, not two, but THREE touchdowns in each of his last three games. The guy is a fantasy game changer and with the defensive focus shifted back towards stopping unsuspended Zeke, look for Prescott to take advantage of the Chiefs less than stellar pass defense that has allowed an average of 283 yards per game in the past three weeks.
Fantasy Draft Price: $11,500
- Yes, Carson Wentz has been on fire. No, this is not the week to jump on the bandwagon. Everyone knows about the shutdown corners that Denver has, but tack on an injured Zach Ertz who is questionable for Sunday. Denver has given up the 4th fewest yards to quarterbacks this year and Wentz doesn’t quite have the superstar to overcome that if Ertz is not 100%. Fading all Eagles this week.
- The Saints’ defense has been better than years past but have been leaky against the run in the past three games giving up an average of 135 yards per game to opponents, 6th worst in that time span. Doug Martin is the clear bell cow of the running game in Tampa receiving all but 5 of the team’s carries the past two weeks. Points are going to fly onto the scoreboard in this one and I’ll take the running back getting all the touches in the Bucs’ backfield.
Fantasy Draft Price: $10,900
- Before running into the vaunted Seahawks run defense, Orleans Darkwa was averaging 6.4 yards per carry in the previous two weeks. Darkwa has shown that he can carry the load getting 21 carries in Week 7 and has the league’s 2nd worst run defense coming to town. If Coach Ben McAdoo’s offensive game plan is better than his haircut, then I have optimism that Darkwa will get the volume he deserves in a great matchup.
Fantasy Draft Price: $7,100
- Flash back to one of Week 8’s Knowledge Nugget…
“There is such a thing as league worst in a category, then there is league WORST. The 49’ers are the league WORST against backs receiving passes giving up 526 yards and four touchdowns in only seven games.”
Nothing has changed a week later. San Francisco is on the struggle bus and Cardinals’ offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin said they plan to “feed the beast” earlier this week in referencing Adrian Peterson. Shoot, I would probably start a “walker” from the Walking Dead if it was the starting tailback against the ‘Niners this Sunday. Hard to get away from Peterson regardless of price point.
Fantasy Draft Price: $10,600
- No Earl Thomas. No Jeremy Lane. Kam Chancellor is not 100% coming off an ankle injury. Add all that up, or rather, subtract them all, and I see a Seahawks secondary that is vulnerable against the pass. On the flip side, Jordan Reed, Jamison Crowder, and half of the offensive line will also be absent for the Washington Redskins. All this adds up to quick passes for Kirk Cousins to the slot. No WR is a bigger sleeper than Ryan Grant who was targeted a season-high 7 times last week.
Fantasy Draft Price: $6,800
- Knowledge Nugget of the Week! Name the starting quarterback for the Cardinals the last time Larry Fitzgerald caught two touchdowns in a single game. I’ll give you some time. Got it? You’re damn right it’s this guy! Drew “I only have eyes for Fitz” Stanton is back under center this week and is coming out of his bye week with extra dance moves preparation for the game against the 49ers. I expect Stanton to look Larry’s way early and often when Arizona isn’t “feeding the beast” with RB Adrian Peterson.
Fantasy Draft Price: $12,200
- Nobody is giving up more yards per game to the tight end position than Washington. Nobody is hotter than Jimmy Graham at the tight end position as he has scored 4 touchdowns in the past three games. Graham should feast once again. Teams know the best way to attack the Redskins is the middle of the field with Josh Norman and Bashaud Breeland both expected to play on Sunday. Graham is criminally underpriced in Fantasy Draft this week.
Fantasy Draft Price: $8,800
- Some weeks you look for value, and some weeks you take the sure thing. The 49ers have scored 20 points TOTAL in the two weeks since turning to rookie CJ Beathard at quarterback. Arizona is also giving up only 3.5 yards per rush on the year. I’m not really sure where 49ers will find points this week. Icing for the cake: San Fran is giving up four sacks per game in their last three NFL contests.
Fantasy Draft Price: $6,900